Friday, April 2, 2010

Bad Mommy

Feeling like such a good mom, I took all the kids to a lake today where we met J for a picnic lunch and they got plenty dirty and wet played on the beach, then goofed at a waterfall where they tried to climb everything while I tried not to freak out about the thought of broken limbs encouraged their exploration skills, then went to a school where they played on the playground. When two kids had to potty that meant we had to take a trip to Target, because you know, they are the only ones with bathrooms. Actually, the kids got some gift cards from Meme for Easter so I let them go and spend them. I consider it a successful trip because I made it out with all 4 kids and nobody cried. Woohoo!

So, to end the day we went through McDonalds for an ice cream cone. I ordered one for each kid and one for myself and then pulled up to the window where she hands me 4 ice cream cones.

Me: Um, did I only order 4 ice cream cones (as I realize I just handed the 4th one back and she didn't imply that any more were coming my way)

Her: Yes

Me: Oh my, I meant to order 5.

Yes, I actually forgot that there were now 4 children sitting behind me.

Motherhood FAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment