Monday, August 31, 2009

"Not Me" Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
******************

Ever feel guilty that you skip a nightly bath time simply because you can't take one.more.minute of fighting siblings, or have a "make your own PB&J" dinner night, or maybe even think "God Bless Teachers" as your loud children run off to the bus? Well stop feeling guilty and join in on "Not Me" Monday where we can be brutally honest about our imperfections. Here we go.

It was not me calling my dentist at 9 p.m. on a recent Friday night, even with full knowledge she was on vacation. I did not apologize about 5 times in the first 30 seconds for calling her cell phone so late and on a weekend while she was on vacation. (Thankfully I have found a wonderful dentist who called in prescriptions for me and even called the endodontist for me on Saturday!)

It was definitely not me crying in the endodontist chair the next Monday morning about to undergo my very first root canal. I would have no reason to be nervous when my tooth was still not numb after 10 (yes, 10!) shots of anesthesia.

It was not me who was looking forward to Jacob's "meet the teacher" night and then completely forgot about it, only to remember it two days too late.

We did not circle the city and drive over 100 miles on Saturday to visit 5 fabric shops in seven hours to look for the perfect fabric to contribute to Claire's quilt. We did not come home and find the perfect fabric online and order it.

It was not me getting schooled by a 7 year old that a real picnic does not involve eating fast food on a picnic table. He did not guilt me into packing a real picnic basket with food from home so I could give him a "real" picnic.

I did not do the dishes one handed last night because I had a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie in the other hand. I was definitely not trying to get my snack fill last night because I am recommitting myself to Weight Watchers today. I did not eat three cookies in the time it took me to fill the dishwasher, one handed.

I am not completely giddy about the fact that I am only four days away from dropping my children off with one of the best grandma's in the world (Hi Meme!) and spending the weekend with my wonderful husband in a quaint, quiet inn that does not allow children. I did not dodge the question when the children asked me "are you going to miss us?"

And the best bit of news:
I am NOT the least bit gloriously happy that I have been without hives for 4 days; but who's counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment