Friday, July 31, 2009

Up all night...

And unfortunately it isn't followed by "sleep all day."

Yesterday I was back at the doctor's office for this awful rash that has consumed my body. I was given a powerful antihistamine and was warned it would "knock me out" for 6-8 hours. I was apprehensive to take it because I have to get the kids up for school in the morning so I took it earlier than my bedtime so there was plenty of time for it to wear off.

Bedtime rolls around and I'm pretty awake, OK wide awake. I'm one of those weird people who has an opposite reaction to a medication. If I wasn't worried about waking people up I could have used my time productively and cleaned. OK, I wasn't really worried about anyone waking up; I was just being lazy and spent my time surfing the internet and updating the adoption blog in complete silence.

The best part of being awake all night? No, not all the noises that the house makes which I normally don't hear, and no, not the infomercials on every channel (did you know they have an adult toy home shopping show?! Who knew!).
It is the opportunity to see your children in their most angelic state of the day- ASLEEP.






No comments:

Post a Comment