Friday, October 16, 2009

The story behind the song

I grew up in a traditional Baptist church singing traditional Bible hymns. While I have now changed my preference to worship with contemporary music those traditional Bible hymns will never leave my being. I can still break out in song (no dance, that is a no-no!) with words memorized when I hear the music of many childhood hymns and of course it always makes my husband and children laugh.

But, one of the hymns that I still remember by heart still brings me comfort today. A few years ago I learned the story behind the hymn, It Is Well. Wow, if someone like Horatio can be at peace with God and themselves after such horrible tragedy than why do I find it hard to let go of my plan and let all be well? I hope you are as moved by this video as I was and still am each time I watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment