Monday, January 7, 2008

Wii-lly sore

My goodness it has been a long time since the blog sense of humor struck. We had a great time over Christmas break (after the initial "these walls are way too small for the five of us" fights the first 3 days) and I was actually sad to send the kids back to school for the first time. The kids were surprised with a Wii for Christmas so the last half of vacation the TV was constantly occupied with one child or another boxing the air in front of them or swinging an imaginary tennis racket.

Matthew woke up yesterday and tells me... "Mom, I had a crazy dream last night that lasted ALL night and when I woke up my shoulder hurt SOOO bad." I'm thinking he slept on it on weird so I rub it; he immediately flinches and squeals. Then Emily pipes up... "yea, my shoulder hurts too, in the same spot." I was a little confused why two of my children would have the same shoulder pain unless one was having sympathetic pains but then Jacob walks in from waking up... "Mom, my shoulder hurts really bad" AH HA-- Wii Shoulder! They all had a case of Wii-lly sore muscles! It was hard not to laugh.

Ridiculous item for the weekend:
Last week hubby and I went out to eat at a local BBQ establishment. They have great food, awesome wings and as we later learned, extremely high priced soft drinks. We each ordered a Coke and when we received the bill, it cost $4.18 for the two of them. Are you serious?! I can buy four 2-liters of Coke for the same price and all I received there was maybe 20 oz. between two glasses full of ice. We'll go there again, for the great food and awesome wings but for drinks we will be having water. Or maybe I'll smuggle in my own 2-liter and a couple of frosty mugs. That will only cost $1.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment