Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

This is the day of the year we are supposed to pause and ponder what we are thankful for.  I've been trying to explain today's holiday to Claire, who is celebrating her first Thanksgiving with us.  I think she understands what being thankful means; after explaining it to her the best I could she stopped, thought and then said "I'm thankful for being in America."  So are we babe; so are we.

We are doing our big Thanksgiving meal on Friday but I've already been in the kitchen for a few hours this morning preparing.  It is about now that I wish I had an entire wall bank of ovens.  I have my recipes all printed out and organized, just as any Type-A Thanksgiving cooker would.  You all do that too, right?

I am so thrilled to open our home to our family and fill their bellies with good food, at least I hope it's good!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving - hope it was a happy one! Last year our Thanksgiving was filled with deep sadness over my Dad's illness and passing a few days later. But this year . . . it was a day of rejoicing that our newest son is home and our daughter waits for us in China. It was a good day. :)

    Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and Elijah

    ReplyDelete