Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kit Kittredge

Emmy and I went to see the new American Girl movie "Kit Kittredge" last week. She had been counting down the days until the movie opened and that morning she dressed her Kit doll in her movie clothes so she could come along too. So, the three of us had an afternoon at the movies, snacking on popcorn.

Now a review.
Even though this movie is targeted towards girls, I would take my boys to see it as well. It was a good movie about the depression era and the children in the movie solve a mystery together while bringing plenty of humor to the story. But, I couldn't help but think of the financial downturn of our country today while watching the financial ruin of many families during the depression. Beyond that I would recommend this movie to girls and boys who are old enough to follow a mystery storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment